A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is one of the most coveted credentials in today's business world. If you're wondering whether or not you should get an MBA, here are five great reasons to start upgrading yourself — and your résumé — today:
1. HIGHER SALARY. You already know that a Master’s degree is more lucrative than a Bachelor’s. But did you know that an MBA in particular pays off more than the average Master’s degree? The median salary for MBA graduates is more than $90,000 (National Association of Colleges and Employers). That means in a couple years, you’ll have already covered the cost of an MBA from Briar Cliff University.
2. IT’S CHEAPER THAN YOU THINK. Did we mention you’d pay it off in a couple of years? Plus, there are tons of financial aid opportunities out there. Check out our list of scholarship resources or simply Google “MBA scholarships” to find additional funding sources. Federal Direct Loans are also available, usually at lower interest rates than private loans. Finally, ask your employer about tuition assistance. If they’re willing to invest in you, shouldn’t you invest in yourself?
3. IT’S QUICKER THAN YOU THINK. If you already have a business degree, it’s possible to earn an MBA from Briar Cliff in just one calendar year! We allow you to leverage your undergraduate degree for all it’s worth, making sure the only courses you take are ones you actually need. Our curriculum is also designed around your busy schedule — so you can keep working and go after your MBA at the same time.
4. JOB FULFILLMENT. Chances are if you’re reading this, you have your sights set on climbing the corporate ladder. Or pursuing a new career. Or perhaps even starting your own business! An MBA will open up opportunities for all of these, as you upgrade your credentials and develop new skills.
5. NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES. As an MBA student, you’ll forge relationships with veteran faculty, fellow students, business leaders and local entrepreneurs. You’ll also meet potential employers through internships, like the unique service learning component offered as part of Briar Cliff’s MBA program.
Are you interested in getting an MBA from Briar Cliff University?