- Legal & Consumer
- Graduation Requirements
Degree candidates must meet the graduation requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of graduation or of either of the previous two catalogs, provided that the student was enrolled, at either Briar Cliff University or another institution with which Briar Cliff University has a joint admission articulation.
Briar Cliff University reserves the right to make changes in curricula.
Students who have not completed all the requirements for graduation may participate in the commencement exercises upon the submission of a written plan documenting how they will be able to complete these requirements.
All students who intend to graduate in May, August or December must apply to graduate by Feb. 1.
A candidate for a bachelor degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 124 credit hours. Developmental courses may count toward graduation.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 system. Maintain a 2.0 in the major; same rule applies to the minor.
- Complete the four components of Briar Cliff's general education program: Intellectual Foundations, Competencies, Service Learning and Liberal Arts.
- Complete two full years of the same foreign language in high school or 8 semester hours of the same language at the college level.
- Complete a major field of concentration.
- Complete at least 30 credit hours at Briar Cliff University.
- Complete the last 30 credit hours at Briar Cliff University. Exceptions will be made in cases of credits earned from CLEP tests, Regents College Examination (formerly ACT), and departmental proficiency examinations.
- Courses required for the major that also count for general education requirements may be counted for both.
- Complete an application for graduation by Feb. 1.
SECOND BACHELOR'S DEGREE
To receive a second baccalaureate degree at Briar Cliff University a student must:
- Meet in previous or future work the foundation requirements at Briar Cliff.
- Complete in previous or future work the required credit hours for the new major.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at Briar Cliff.