Requirements for Graduating with Honors
• Complete 18 credit hours of honor courses or equivalent experiences; students should participate in at least 1 Honors Seminar and customize 1 course within major or field of study (as a part of 18 total hours).
• Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.33 or above
• Complete 10 hours of community service each year along with a service project organized by the Honors Program
• Participate in a leadership role within Briar Cliff or his/her own community
• Display a high level of character and act in accordance with the policies outlined in the Briar Cliff University handbook
• Participate in the Honors Program term meetings
• Participate in the senior research exhibition
Completion of the BCU Honors Program will be recognized at graduation and on transcripts.
Professor of Biology; Chair, Biology Department; Director, Environmental Science Program; Director, Center for Prairie Studies
Professor of English and Writing; Editor of the Briar Cliff Review
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Department Chair of Sociology and Criminal Justice