Sr. Patricia Miller Nursing Research in Action Seminar
Wednesday, May 7
An annual seminar, sponsored by the BCU Nursing Department, devoted to putting nursing research into action. There will be keynote speakers and presentations, along with research posters presented by Briar Cliff University nursing students. The event will last until 7:30 p.m.
Keynote speakers and presenters include:
- Mary Kay Nissen, DNP, ARNP-BC, COHN-S: Nurse Managed Academic Clinic: Merging Education and Practice
- Lindsey Dutler, DNP, NP-C: Hepatitis C Prevalence in a Native American Reservation Clinic: Impact of a Screening and Monitoring Program
- Kathy Magorian, EdD, MSN, RN: Faculty Perceptions of Effective Practices for Utilizing a Framework to Develop a Concept-based Curriculum in Nursing Education
- Dee Dorsett, MSN, RN: Take a Better Blood Pressure: What is Healthcare Provider Knowledge of Error in Blood Pressure Measurement?
- Robin Van Zandbergen, MSN (c), BSN, RN: Social Dynamics of Immunization Hesitant First Time Parents
Registration fee is $25, which includes dinner, handout materials and .36 continuing education units upon request.
Contact Marlys Nashleanas: 712-279-1640 or Marlys.Nashleanas@briarcliff.edu