Human Trafficking & Modern Day Slavery Symposium
Tuesday, June 17
Saint Francis Center
Hear keynote presentations from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Sioux Falls Police Department and the Sioux City Diocese's Peace & Justice Commission as they raise awareness of the presence of human trafficking, not only in Iowa but throughout the Midwest.
The symposium is sponsored by the Diocese of Sioux City, Briar Cliff University & Mercy Health Child Advocacy Program. Preregistrations are strongly encouraged, prior to June 10.
Lunch will be available for $8.50/person (cash only). Overnight accommodations are also available at Briar Cliff University for a cost of $15/person. Travelers must provide their own bedding for a twin-sized bed.
- 9 a.m.: Registration Opens
- 9:30: Opening Prayer by Most Reverend R. Walker Nickless, Bishop of Sioux City
- 9:45: Keynote Address #1: FBI Agent / Victim Specialist
- 10:30: Break
- Noon: Lunch
- 1 p.m.: Keynote Address #2: Lieutenant David McIntire; N.E. Quadrant Commander, Sioux Falls Police Department
- 2 p.m.: Break
- 2:15: Keynote Address #3: Bernadette Rixner; Peace & Justice Commission; Diocese of Sioux City
- 3:30: Closing Prayer