Steps to Enroll: MSN Program
The application deadline for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is July 15. To be eligible for admission, you must have:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a CCNE- or NLNAC-accredited program, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. You must have an upper division major in nursing, including the following courses: Physical assessment, nursing research, ethics and statistics.
- Evidence of licensure as an R.N. in Iowa or state participating in the licensure compact.
- BCLS certification.
- A minimum of 2,000 hours of nursing practice.
2. Submit the following official documentation to Briar Cliff's Office of Admissions:
- Official transcripts from all prior undergraduate and graduate studies, including a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a CCNE- or NLNAC-accredited program
- Evidence of state licensure as an R.N.
- Evidence of current BCLS certification.
- Employment verification showing minimum 2,000 hours of nursing practice as an R.N.
- A copy of your DD Form 214 » (Military personnel only)
- Two letters of recommendation »
3. Demonstrate logical thinking and writing skills in the preparation of a goal statement. This statement must include:
- Your short-term and long-term professional goals in nursing (250 words).
- Your leadership and work experience in relation to practice setting, client population served, number of years of experience, and how these experiences prepared you for graduate education (250 words).
- Areas of inquiry which you would like to pursue in the graduate studies (100 words).
- Your signature and date the statement was written.
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (optional). Briar Cliff's FAFSA code: 001846
5. Wait to be contacted by an admissions representative, who will notify you of your acceptance into the program. (Financial aid award letters will be mailed to applicants who have filed a FAFSA. Accept, sign and return the letter to BCU's Office of Admissions).
NOTE: Incomplete forms and steps may delay or prevent the processing of applications for admission. If you have further questions, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions.
WAYS TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION:
— E-mail »
— Fax (712-279-1632)
— Mail paperwork to:
Office of Admissions
Briar Cliff University
3303 Rebecca Street
Sioux City, IA 51104