Bachelor of Arts
The major in business administration will provide necessary instruction in functional areas including management, marketing, and finance and accounting, as well as economics. This provides a generalist background needed for a variety of careers in business and a solid foundation for the MBA degree. Students wishing to specialize have the opportunity to do so by taking their elective courses in management, marketing or finance.
Upon graduation, students majoring in business administration will be able to:
- Demonstrate competencies in the core areas of research, problem solving, statistical analysis, computer skills, mathematics, oral communication and writing
- Apply ethical reasoning to decision making and demonstrate personal and team leadership skills
- Exhibit knowledge of the legal, regulatory, ethical and technological issues inherent in the global environment of business today
- Demonstrate skills necessary to progress in a career and/or pursue advanced studies
- Apply fundamental knowledge of economics, finance, information systems, business research, accounting, law, management, marketing and international business to decision making