Environmental Law and Policy
A dynamic and exciting field with a pivotal role in protecting our personal health and welfare, guiding economic development and business life, and shielding our most precious natural treasures and resources from misuse or harm.
The Path to Knowledge.
This course will focus primarily on
- the historical development of environmental law
- the transition from common law to statutory law
- the role of courts, the legislature, and the executive branch in the development and implementation of environmental policy
- major statutes including the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act.
Grade based on
- four lecture exams
- oral presentation
- term paper
ESCI 401 - Environmental Law and Policy
An overview of environmental law and public policy.
ESCI 401 - Environmental Law and Policy - Details
- Fall (odd-numbered years)
|• Environmental Science|
|• Medical Laboratory Science|
— Nothing scheduled —
I'm studying pre-medicine at BCU. My dream is to become a developmental-behavioral pediatrician.