Extended Field Trip
When the world becomes your classroom
Briar Cliff students have participated in short-term study tours of Hawaii, the Pacific Northwest, Galapagos, and Costa Rica. They have returned with an understanding of these destinations far beyond what could be gleaned from a textbook, lecture, or documentary.
This course will cover
- the ecological contexts of the places visited
- environmental challenges facing these regions
- topics that will vary according to destination, yet typically include native flora and fauna, geological processes, endangered and endemic species, biogeography, threats to biodiversity, and ecotourism
Grade typically based on
- one test
- trip journal
- post-trip questions
BIOL 280 - Extended Field Trip
The Extended Field Trip typically provides an opportunity during a 10-14 day trip to study the major terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems of a North American ecoregion.
BIOL 280 - Extended Field Trip - Details
- Winter (during J-term), Summer
|• Environmental Science|
|• Medical Laboratory Science|
— Nothing scheduled —
- Earth Day reminds us what's really important
Apr 22, 2016
I'm studying pre-medicine at BCU. My dream is to become a developmental-behavioral pediatrician.