Higher Learning Commission visit
Briar Cliff University is seeking comments from the public about the university in preparation for its periodic evaluation by the Higher Learning Commission. Read more →
Briar Cliff University is accredited as a degree-granting institution by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Since 1945, the Higher Learning Commission has granted Briar Cliff University full accreditation. The most recent reaffirmation of accreditation was granted in 2005. The next comprehensive review is scheduled for Feb. 9-10, 2015.
Higher Learning Commission of the
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 N. LaSalle St., Suite 2400,
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
Phone: (800) 621-7440
The education program of the University is approved by the State Department of Education of Iowa for the certification of teachers.
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
Briar Cliff's face-to-face and online Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The social work department has been accredited by the CSWE since 1974.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Master of Science in Nursing programs at Briar Cliff University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The University holds memberships in:
- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- The Council of Independent Colleges
- The Council for Opportunity in Education
- The Higher Learning Commission
- The Iowa Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The Iowa Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- The Iowa College Foundation
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
For more information or documentation relating to university accreditation and memberships, contact the Office of the President.